After introducing our Servers Comparison Engine WH.PerfectDeals.Today (Now called WebHostingSaver.com few months ago in order to help IT professionals, individuals and businesses instantly compare thousands of VPS, Dedicated, GPU and MacOS server offers from hundreds of providers in 40+ countries, we are proud to announce the introduction of The Web Hosting Pyramid of Needs™.
During the past few months, we have collected some data about thousands of web hosting providers from different countries. We have analyzed hundreds of websites and discovered a lot of interesting things which are making customers’ and prospects lives harder during the selection process in order to purchase the right web hosting service for their projects.
No one can ignore the fact that competition in the marketplace represents the critical driver of performance and innovation. It benefits everyone by enabling customers to choose from an array of excellent service offerings at affordable prices. At the same time, globalization and the low barrier to entry have their advantages and disadvantages. Web hosting providers are facing big challenges and working very hard to survive in this aggressively competitive market. In this fully virtual world, online trust is required but impossible at the same time. The huge number of available providers and offers is making things more challenging. Providers from everywhere and nowhere are entering and exiting the market everyday which puts customers at risk.
Most people and businesses ask the same question again and again about “How to choose the best web hosting provider?”. This is a legitimate question because of the following challenges:
- huge number of available providers,
- huge number of available offers,
- big pricing differences (even for similar offers),
- lack of online trust in a fully virtual world,
- previous bad experiences with other providers,
- online fake, paid, untrusted, anonymous reviews,
- people want to get better for less,
- people want to get value for their money,
- people want to get reliable and secure services,
- people want the ease of doing business with a trusted professional partner,
- people want to avoid frustration, waste of time, energy and money,
- most people who are new to the web hosting industry are not aware about what is critical, important or less important,
The Web Hosting Pyramid of Needs™ as a solution:
The “Best” solution/choice always depends on the customer specific needs. What works perfectly for others may not work for someone. Providers are looking for their ideal customers, and customers are looking for the perfect providers/offers that fit their needs within their budget in a specific location.
As an attempt to help answer the question above and provide some guidelines, we have created what we’ve called “The Web Hosting Pyramid of Needs™”. This pyramid is an inspiration from Maslow’s Pyramid of Needs.
The “The Web Hosting Pyramid of Needs™” can be used by customers in order to help them choose the right web hosting partner who will be able to provide the perfect offers that fit their needs within their budget in the location of their choice. At the same time, it is used as an audit checklist for web hosting providers to help them implement the required improvements (tools, processes and people).
The Web Hosting Pyramid of Needs™ is used as part of our new WebHosting Trust Index (WHTrustIndex™) which will be gradually integrated to our Web Hosting Services Comparison Engine WebHostingSaver.com (Formerly called: WH.PerfectDeals.Today).
The Web Hosting Pyramid of Needs™ is a five-tier model combining thirty-five (35) evaluation criteria. Every person and business has specific needs and their focus depends on the importance of every need to them. When a deficit need is more or less satisfied it will go away, and we start focusing on meeting the next set of needs that we have yet to satisfy. The five levels are as follow:
- Availability: This represents the most critical and important aspect. No one wants to have a web hosting service (shared, VPS, dedicated, colocation, cloud, SaaS, etc) which is poorly designed and maintained, frequently down, not stable, not reliable, not secure, etc,
- Security & Trust: Once the first tier needs are satisfied, security and trust represent some of the very important aspects. People and businesses want to ensure that the web hosting provider is a trusted professional entity to ensure the security of their valuable data, personal and non personal information, payment information, etc,
- Support: This represents an important aspect, not only for fully managed services. Web Hosting providers have to ensure they are providing a quality support/customer services for their customers. This includes self-support via a Knowledge base and other tools, human support via phone, ticket or chat, etc.
- Features: These are specific requirements to each customer. They include the different service offerings (shared, VPS, dedicated, colocation, domain names, SSL, etc), multi-location availability when needed, integration tools and options (API, etc), any freebies (free services, upgrades and features), the services’ technical specs (storage, memory, CPU power, account limitations for shared hosting, etc), etc.
- Pricing: Getting excellent services with affordable/good pricing is the ideal scenario for customers. But for most people and businesses this is not very critical compared to previously listed needs (Even for those looking for free services). Everyone wants to get better for less whenever possible. We do consider monthly fees, initial setup fees and any other hidden or known fees in the evaluation criteria.
WebHostingSaver.com (Formerly WH.PerfectDeals.Today) is a FREE Meta-Search and Comparison Engine built by CITWeb.ca. Comparing Thousands of Web Hosting offers usually takes hours or even days. With this new Easy-to-use solution Web Hosting Meta-Search and Comparison Engine, the same task can be performed instantly. It helps professionals and businesses save time & money, get better for less. Offers comparison is based on aggregated reviews (200.000+ reviews), technical specs, location, pricing and more! WebHostingSaver.com is the ONE-STOP solution that helps IT professionals and businesses find the perfect & cheapest Web Hosting Offers that fit their needs within their budget.
Your can read more here WebHostingSaver.com