Virtualization is the technology which allows us to run multiple virtual instances of an operating system in a different layer. We usually use it to run multiple instances (virtual servers or virtual machines) on a single server.
This infographic gives a high level comparison between OpenVZ and KVM virtualization.
- KVM is a full virtualization solution for Linux on x86 hardware containing virtualization extensions (Intel VT or AMD-V).
- KVM offers more degree of isolation since each user owns their kernel.
- KVM can host Linux, Windows, and other custom Operating Systems.
- KVM offers more security, full disk encryption, etc.
To easily find KVM servers that fit your needs (price,location, specs), you can use the filters “Server Type: VPS Server” and “Virtualization Platform: KVM” in the Server Comparison Engine
- OpenVZ is a container based virtualization. It is an OS-level virtualization.
- OpenVZ relies on the host node’s kernel. It is simple to set up, use and manage.
- OpenVZ can ONLY host Linux operating systems.
- One of the biggest advantages of OpenVZ is its efficient use of CPU and RAM resources.
To easily find OpenVZ servers that fit your needs (price,location, specs), you can use the filters “Server Type: VPS Server” and “Virtualization Platform: OpenVZ” in the Server Comparison Engine
Need to Easily Find Your VPS Server Now?
WebHostingSaver.com (Formerly WH.PerfectDeals.Today) is a FREE Meta-Search and Comparison Engine built by CITWeb.ca. Comparing Thousands of Web Hosting offers usually takes hours or even days. With this new Easy-to-use solution Web Hosting Meta-Search and Comparison Engine, the same task can be performed instantly. It helps professionals and businesses save time & money, get better for less. Offers comparison is based on aggregated reviews (200.000+ reviews), technical specs, location, pricing and more! WebHostingSaver.com is the ONE-STOP solution that helps IT professionals and businesses find the perfect & cheapest Web Hosting Offers that fit their needs within their budget. Your can read more here WebHostingSaver.com