In this article, we will cover some of the basics about IP blacklisting and the reputation of IP addresses. We will talk about some tools to use to check and monitor the reputation of IP addresses.
What is an IP Address?
An IP address, short for Internet Protocol address, is an identifying number for a piece of network hardware. Having an IP address allows a device to communicate with other devices over an IP-based network like the internet. (Source)
What is a DNSBL?
A Domain Name System-based Blackhole List (DNSBL) or Real-time Blackhole List (RBL) is an effort to stop email spamming. It is a “blacklist” of locations on the Internet reputed to send email spam. The locations consist of IP addresses which are most often used to publish the addresses of computers or networks linked to spamming; most mail server software can be configured to reject or flag messages which have been sent from a site listed on one or more such lists. You can learn more.
How to Get Your IP Address Romoved from a Blacklist?
An IP address may be blackisted by a single or multiple blacklists. Each blacklist database has its own blacklisting criteria. An IP address may be flagged or marked as not clean (blacklisted) for different reasons. Each blacklist usually has a form (or web page) from where you can request the IP address to be removed from the blacklist.
Warning: Usually, Blacklists DO NOT charge for unlisting an IP address. If your IP address is blacklisted, you can communicate with the blacklist manager via the form in there website to get your IP removed from the blacklist for FREE.
The blacklist Uceprotect for example charge a fee for an immediate removal. Learn more here
How to Check if an IP Address is Blacklisted?
Enter your IP address in the “Run a quick Blacklist Check” input box and click on “Go!”.
How to Monitor My IP Addresses for Blacklisting?
You can monitor your IP addresses for backlisting to receive alerts or notifications if the IP address is blacklisted by any blacklist (DNSBL).
This FREE Blacklisting Monitoring Tool allows you to monitor up to 32 IP addresses for FREE. The IP addresses will be checked against 132 blacklists (DNSBLs). Click on “View our pricing plans” to get more details.
- When you get your new website hosting plan, VPS server, cloud server, dedicated server or any other IP assignment, check if the assigned IP addresses are CLEAN (Not blacklisted) before using the servvice. If the IPs are not clean (blacklisted), communicate with your provider to get new and clean IP addresses.
- Always monitor the reputation of your IP addresses. Use this FREE tool - Paid plans also available
- If you receive any notification about an IP blacklisting for your IPs, perform an in depth investigation to determin the root cause and implement any corrective actions.
- Compare Web Hosting Services Worldwide. Impartial Comparison, No Ads. | WebHostingSaver.com™.
- 200.000+ Aggregated Reviews, 1.000+ Providers, 3.000+ Offers, 40+ Countries. Easily Find your ideal Web Hosting Services. Impartial Comparison, No Ads and All Prices in One Platform.
- Instantly Compare and Find VPS, Dedicated, Cloud & GPU Servers
- Instantly Compare and Find Colocation Hosting
- Instantly Compare and Find SSL Certificates
- Instantly Compare and Find Domain Names
- Instantly Compare and Find Shared Hosting Plans
Find us and follow u on social media platforms: