19 Reasons Why Cybersecurity Awareness Training For Web Hosting Providers is Important, Free Courses and Resources
In today’s world, where technology is everywhere, every organization has to consider cyber-security as one of its top priorities and concerns. Leaders, management teams, employees of all levels, customers and partners are part of the equation to build and maintain a secure and safe environment. Organizations of all sizes should be aware of the high potential vulnerabilities they might face and feel confident they are well-equipped to handle the associated threats. People’s cybersecurity awareness training is an important part of the solution. Cybersecurity is a very complex field. It is a combination of technologies, processes and practices designed to protect networks, computers, programs and data from attack, damage or unauthorized access. In a computing context, security includes both cybersecurity and physical security.
Check https://t.co/LBpwxU1xQU to Easily find the BEST #FREE #ITsecurity #CyberSecurity Online courses, tutorials, how-tos & more.#WebHostingSaver #SysDevKB Your Source of Knowledge. Search, Choose & Learn.#WebHostingSaver #Sysadmin #SecurityProfessional #Developers #SysDevKB pic.twitter.com/U9VtGJgEgm— WebHostingSaver.com (@WebHostingSaver) February 21, 2019
Web Hosting providers have to take cybersecurity seriously, more than any other types of organizations. Why? Because they handle, manage the critical assets of their customers. These providers have a big responsibility to ensure that their customers’s and their own infrastructure and data is secure. They are also responsible of educating their employees to avoid unwanted catastrophes and breaches.
Cybersecurity is an ongoing process and it is not a one time task or project.
What Is Cybersecurity?
Cybersecurity is the practice of protecting systems, networks, and programs from digital attacks. These cyberattacks are usually aimed at accessing, changing, or destroying sensitive information; extorting money from users; or interrupting normal business processes.
Cybersecurity combines three pillars: Processes, People and Technology.
You can learn more here
What Are the Types of Cybersecurity Threats?
Cybersecurity is a very complex world. These are some of the known threats:
- Malware: The term malware is a contraction of malicious software. Put simply, malware is any piece of software that was written with the intent of doing harm to data, devices or to people. Malware programs are classified into different types. These are some of them: Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Ransomware, Adware, Botnets. You can learn more here
- Social engineering: Social engineering is the art of manipulating people so they give up confidential information. You can learn more about social engineering here.
- Phishing: It is a cybercrime in which a target is contacted via different channels like email, phone or SMS (text message) by someone posing as a legitimate institution to lure individuals into providing sensitive information. You can learn more about phishing in this website.
- Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attacks: A distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack is a malicious attempt to disrupt normal traffic of a targeted server, service or network by overwhelming the target or its surrounding infrastructure with a flood of Internet traffic. You can learn more about DDoS attacks here
- Hacking: Is a term used to describe the actions taken by someone (internal or external actors) to gain unauthorized access to a computer, server or any kind of information. Different techniques are used to gain this unauthorized access. Some of them are: SQL Injection Attacks, Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Session Hijacking and Man-in-the-Middle Attacks, and more.
- Spam: The classic definition of spam is unsolicited bulk messages, that is, messages sent to multiple recipients who did not ask for them. You can learn more about spam here
The Reasons Why Cybersecurity Awareness Training is so Important
As the number of online users increases — one estimate says they’ll be four billion people online by 2020 — and the need to train those folks in security awareness grows with them, Morgan sees the possibility of the overall market reaching $10 billion by 2027. Source
An effective cybersecurity awareness program should educate employees about best practices, threats, corporate policies and procedures for working with information technology.
These are some of the reasons why an effective cybersecurity awareness program is important for your organization:
- Cybersecurity is everyone’s job,
- Your organization needs to build a cybersecurity culture based on best practices,policies and safe habits to ensure its success,
- People are the weakest link in the information security chain. Did you know that 95% of cybersecurity breaches are due to human error? Source
- The security of any organization is only as strong as its weakest link and that cybersecurity awareness training is for everyone. It’s for internal employees (from all levels), customers and partners.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive financial information to ensure security and compliance with your policies
- Secure your physical systems and infrastructure from compromise due to all hazards, including physical and cyber risks
- Prevent or at least limit information loss as your employees interact with the outside world
- Reduce any risks to the enterprise’s network especially caused by remote work
- Protect the organization’s brand and reputation to increase and maintaining the level of trust.
- Establish an effective governance controls, processes, policies and best practices for the organization
- Ensure that critical cybersecurity roles are filled by talented and experienced people
- Safeguard sensitive information (employee, customer, partner and any business information)
- Put the efforts to mitigate the risks of all threats (insiders and outsiders)
- Reduce your business liabilities associated with the organization’s cybersecurity posture
- Effectively address the legal implications of any cybersecurity incident when it arises
- Ensure organization’s compliance with cybersecurity laws, regulations, policies, standards and best practices
- Provide the technical expertise to secure the infrastructure and systems
- Implement and maintain an effective multi-layered (defense-in-depth) approach to ensure the organization’s security
- Professionally respond to and mitigate security-related incidents and events
Tools and Simulators
As part of the cybersecurity awareness and training initiatives, tools and simulators represent a great resources for hands-on practice.
Phishing simulators help you find out who’s vulnerable and phish your co-workers!
There are many online, open source nd commercial phishing simulators and framework toolkits. These are few of them:
- SecurityIQ PhishSim
- Phishing Frenzy
- King Phisher
- SpeedPhishing Framework
You can learn more about some known Phishing Simulators in this article
Some FREE Online Training Resources:
These are some free online training resources.Additional links are added in a regular basis.
- End User Security Awareness - 1 Hour | Cybrary
- Free ESET Cybersecurity Awareness Training
- Security Awareness Training | Advisera
- Cyber Security Basics: A Hands-on Approach | Edx
- Learn the fundamentals of cybersecurity | Cyberaces
- Cyber Security Course for Beginners - Level 01 | Udemy
- Build your cyber security or IT career, for free | Cybrary
- Cybersecurity Courses | Coursera
- Introduction to Cyber Security
- Please don’t send me to cybersecurity training
- 7 reasons why cybersecurity awareness training for finance staff is important
- What Is Phishing?
- What is ransomware?
- What is Social Engineering? Examples & Prevention Tips
- Common threats to be aware of
- Common Types of Cybersecurity Attacks
- Cybersecurity is Everyone’s Job | NIST
WebHostingSaver.com (Formerly WH.PerfectDeals.Today) is a FREE Meta-Search and Comparison Engine built by CITWeb.ca. Comparing Thousands of Web Hosting offers usually takes hours or even days. With this new Easy-to-use solution Web Hosting Meta-Search and Comparison Engine, the same task can be performed instantly. It helps professionals and businesses save time & money, get better for less. Offers comparison is based on aggregated reviews (200.000+ reviews), technical specs, location, pricing and more! WebHostingSaver.com is the ONE-STOP solution that helps IT professionals and businesses find the perfect & cheapest Web Hosting Offers that fit their needs within their budget. Your can read more here WebHostingSaver.com